This document serves as the information manual as required by Section 51(1) of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No. 2 of 2000 (the “Act”). It provides information on the records held and the process that is to be followed to request access to such records.
Crossroads offers specialised logistics and comprehensive services in General Freight, Fuel & Bulk Liquids, Gases, Chemicals and Explosives. We service the entire value chain, applying the highest safety standards, proven methodologies, and industry best practices.
PARTICULARS IN TERMS OF SECTION 51:
CEO: Arend Jacobus Du Preez – who has delegated this power for the purposes of day-to-day compliance with the Act to Pieter Vermeulen, who for the purposes of this manual will be called the Information Officer.
Postal and Street address of Information Officer:
PO Box 8841, Edenglen, 1613
118 Setter Road, Commercia Industrial Park, Midrand
Contact number for Information officer:
Tel: +27 11 651 8800
Email address of the Information officer:
Pieter Vermeulen, Chief Financial officer:
The ACT grants a requester access to records of a private body, if the record is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. If a public body lodges a request, the public body must be acting in the public interest. Requests in terms of the ACT shall be made in accordance with the prescribed procedures, at the rates provided. The forms and tariff are dealt with in paragraphs 6 and 7 of the Act. Requesters are referred to the Guide in terms of Section 10 which has been compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission, which will contain information for the purposes of exercising Constitutional Rights. The Guide is available from the SAHRC. The contact details of the Commission are: 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein Tel: 011 877 3600 (Switchboard) Website:www.sahrc.org.za.
Crossroads holds information/documents in accordance with, amongst other, the following legislation:
• Basic Conditions of Employment No. 75 of 1997
• Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
• Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Health Diseases Act No.130 of 1993
• Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998
• Finance Act No. 35 of 2000
• Income Tax Act No. 95 of 1967 5
• Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995
• Occupational Health & Safety Act No. 85 of 1993
• Pension Funds Act No. 24 of 1956
• Skills Development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999
• Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998
• Unemployment Contributions Act No. 4 of 2002
• Unemployment Insurance Act No. 63 of 2001
• Value Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991
The Full Legal Register is maintained by Environmental Legal Services and the full list is available on request from our Information Officer.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSED
Crossroads processes personal information of several categories of data subjects for several purposes as set out below:
Categories of data subjects
• Service providers and suppliers
• Debtors and creditors
• Directors and shareholders
Purpose of processing
• To conclude contracts with customers and manage customers in general
• To recruit, employ and manage employees in general
• Manage service providers, suppliers, and contractors’ contracts in general
Categories of Personal Information
• Contact details – physical and postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.
• Personal details – names, identity numbers, nationality, banking details.
• Employees, the following information, is processed in addition to the aforementioned race, gender, marital status, next of kin, curriculum vitae, education, skills and employment history.
• Information required to conclude contracts with a customer, employee, service provider, contractor.
SCHEDULE OF RECORDS
Records Freely Available:
All records on the Crossroads Website are freely available without having to request access in terms of the PAIA Act section 52(2):
The following records may be requested:
• Registers required in terms of the Companies Act
• Financial Records and Management Accounts
• Audit Statements and Tax Records
• Legal and Contractual Records
• Corporate Policies and Procedures
• Purchasing Records
• Employee Records
• Skills Development and Training Records
• Pension Fund and Medical Aid Records
• Client Records
• Supplier Records
• Minutes and Correspondence
• Billing Records
FORM OF REQUEST
To facilitate the processing of your request, kindly:
Use the prescribed form, available on the website of the Information Regulator www.justice.gov.za (Form C – Request for access to record of Private Body (Section 53(1) of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No. 2 of 2000)) Address your request to the Information Officer at Crossroads (see Contact details in paragraph 3).
Provide sufficient details to enable Crossroads to identify:
• The record(s) requested.
• The requester (and if an agent is lodging the request, proof of capacity).
• The form of access required.
• The postal address or fax number of the requester.
• If the requester wishes to be informed of the decision in any manner (in addition to written) the manner and particulars thereof.
• The right which the requester is seeking to exercise or protect with an explanation of the reason the record is required to exercise or protect the right.
A requestor is required to pay the prescribed fees (R50.00) before a request will be processed.
The detailed fee structure is available on the website of the SOUTH AFRICAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION at www.sahrc.org.za. (SAHRC PAIA Secions10 Guide).
AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
This Manual is available for inspection by the general public upon request, during office hours and free of charge, at the offices of Crossroads. Copies of the Manual may be made, subject to the prescribed fees. The Manual is also posted on Crossroads website referred to above.